Okay, well, I haven’t done as much writing as I would liked, but I have done another few thousand words on Oath of God. So here I go:
Works In Progress
- Oath of God at 38,000 words (final draft).
- Wolf Born at 28,000 words (final draft).
- New series of short stories, one complete: Iron Blood.
Books for Research
- Myths and Legends of Japan by F.Hadland Davis
- Living in Japan by A. Kerr and K.A. Sokol
- The Art of Japanese Architecture by David and Michiko Young
- Medieval Warrior Cultures of Europe and Japan: an anthology of articles from the journal of Asian Martial Arts: Edited by Michael A. DeMarco, M.A.
Books Read for Leisure
- Twelve Kings of Sharakhai by Bradley P. Beaulieu
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
The plan for August is to finish the final draft for Oath of God and start editing in September. In order to get that done, I will need to write out at least another 40,000 words and with so much on my plate (and our family) I may not be able to stick rigidly to the deadline, but my main goal is to publish before the end of the year.
I intend to complete and finish my short story series and to publish a novella as well. Titles and dates are still in the planning stages.
I’ve also got a couple of books on my Kindle to read as well.
I’ve wanted to get my work published for a long time and I’ve succeeded with one novella and two short stories so far. I’ve got so many ideas for books, I’m not sure I’ll ever get them all written down, but I intend to give it my best effort.
Thanks for reading 🙂
As always, comments welcome…