Ok, so far, I’ve got about 22,000 words on Wolf Born. Due to inconvenient respitory infections getting in the way and a visit to the local MRI scanner, my deadlines have been pushed out of the way rather rudely! However, I’m determined to complete what I’ve set out to do. I’m kind of stubbon that way. Griping aside, of course.
Oath of God has been set on the back burner for now. As I’m concentrating on finishing up WB and then writing up all of my research for OoG and creating new files for all the important bits I’ll need for quick reference. On a side note, I’ve tried Scrievener before as I thought it might help organise me better, but I couldn’t get on with the program and have stuck with what I know. It’s probably old school, not very technological, but works for me.
I’ve got a long way to go with WB. It will need proofreading and most likely a re-write. I’ve already tweeked the story a little and I’m figuring out characters as I type. I have also adjusted one of my magical elements because I did have an ‘elemental’ sort of character and I’ve decided not to be lazy and go with such a traditional trope. Instead, I’ve elected to create a whole new formula for their magical abilities. I came up with the idea whilst on my sick-bed and thought, hey, you know what, it might actually work! Now, I’ve got to do a little research, mainly into some of my older research files and check a few things before I finalise details. I’m hoping this will add depth to the aforementioned character.
I’ve also got a short story brewing in my grey matter and there’s a tentative title whispering its way into my mind, so will have to see how that goes.
The cover art for WB and OoG are being prepped. I’m hoping to have more info soon.
All-in-all I’m getting there, slowly but surely.
Thanks for reading 🙂